Friday, June 5, 2009

A Boring Lecture...

The lines that follow were written in one of the lectures. My apologies to any professor who is reading this…because he/she may be the one in whose lecture I was writing this….so pardon me… and read on just for some fun and getting an insight into the mind of a bored student…

Sometimes sitting in a classroom can be really boring. In fact, annoying… I feel drowsy…reason being… the lecture going on right now does not contain the spices I relish…moreover I am unable to understand a single word…therefore for a change, I have to write something to pass my time, to reduce the mounting frustration and to convince myself that I am not wasting an hour.

Unfortunately, I am sitting in the first row and hence I don’t have a choice… choice to run out when the professor turns towards the board… (in fact not all professors can be tricked this way)… so no option…. can only write….

All right…let me do one thing….let me describe the scenario of this boring lecture…’BORING’ is a relative term…. Whatever I find boring may be interesting for others…and as I see …it is… especially for the girls, who are as usual writing down each and every word that sprouts from the teacher’s mouth. Sometimes, I imagine that one may find ‘please don’t talk…’ written in their notes… (he he he)…oh oh oh….pardon me ladies….pardon me…. I don’t wish to hurt or insult anyone of you and that’s true I might be needing your notes in the future….so I hope I’ll get a positive response…won’t I ?

The professor is teaching with full confidence as he is supposed to and trying his/her best to make us grasp the concepts…unaware of the fact that there is only a broadcast going on, which is not being heeded by insincere students like me…To add to this misunderstanding of the professor, there are some students who are although unable to grasp his/her words…but are saying “Yes sir/mam” in unison…whenever the professor asks questions like…”Is that all right?”, “You got my point?” , “Understood?”

The next attraction of the class is a dog, which was yawning a few moments ago and is asleep now… GRR…WAAAA……it is sleeping…I can’t…

Oh…oh… wait a minute…

Saved…Thank God!!!

Actually…moments ago… my neighbour had dropped his notebook on the floor which had distracted the teacher…I had to look up instantaneously in the professor’s eyes reassuring him/her that I was studying sincerely and understood whatever was being talked about…

Anyways…lets come back to the dog….its entry in the class was a bit dramatic…First of all, it entered the LT through the front door, not through a side door. Secondly, it continued to move towards the central stairs of the room without the professor realizing anything… Students made a bit of noise….someone joked, someone laughed but the whole time the professor was busy writing on the blackboard….Thirdly, while it was walking in , its expressions like that of an emperor moving in his castle…and you know what….he came…looked right...then left…and then calmly walked up the stairs pretending as if he was supposed to be there…The dignified DOG was walking on the red carpet…

Oh God….not again….

I feel like I’ll have to continuously play this “reassuring and convincing look” game with the professor, if I don’t want to get caught…

Last 10 minutes passed uneventfully….I could not write anything…because the teacher’s gaze was fixed on me…but now I am back to continue…

Hey look what’s going on the other side of the classroom….some of the guys are dozing off, which implies I am not the only one who is feeling bored….just one small difference…I am writing this…hence not letting my time go in vain…I hope this live account finds a place in the Nth Degree….that way my time would prove to be spent doing something worthwhile… (Thanks to literary committee...that didn't happen...)

Time passes slowly, when you wait for something….and even slower when that something doesn’t interest you….and that is what is happening right now…

10 minutes more........ I am waiting for the professor to depart…

5 minutes…. Come on come on…..please, please leave us…

2 minutes… Thank God… just in a nick of time he/she will be gone…

0 minutes…… yippee… the lecture is finished…time to go……


A small piece of advice-

Don’t try writing such an account, it may prove fatal in case you are caught…”

To be earnest-

Try to arise an interest and inquisitiveness while studying, so that, you don’t get a chance to write such an account.”

8 comments:

  1. *****************Disclaimer*********************

    Is kahani k sabhi ghatnaye aur patra vastavik hain. Yadypi lekhak ne badi hi kushagrata k sath pradyapako ka sammanjanak vivechan kiya h, tathapi yadi kisi vykti-vishesh ko isse aapatti ho to kripya hame khed h.

    kisi bhi prakar ke vivad me nyayik-shetra lekhak ko kaksh hoga.

    dhanyavad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liked the way u candidly n 'earnestly' put forth the scenario in a mundane and an esoteric class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one .. between which class was it .. ? :P

    @Prabhash: come on dude .. everyone knows you have a good vocab :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey parth, achcha likha hai, i m sure shukla sir ke period me likha hai... haina?

    ReplyDelete
  5. well... this is something I don't wish to disclose... but you should be able to guess... it wasn't shukla sir...that is quite evident...

    @Prabhash: I fully support your view..anupam sir...

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nicely written n how beautifully u tackled the situation og girls for notes thats interesting....ab pata laga class mein y r u so busy..!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parth cn i say sumthin on this post..i think i cn...i hope i'll help u...listen...wen i ws reading it ... i ws getting lil bored..dnt describe so much...u hav describes each n eveything..its good..tht u hav observed each n everything...write olny those things which other ppl myt nt think....sum paragraphs were really good...starting ws good...i think u dnt feel bad...bt i lyk it neways...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks man...I am more than happy having read your comment... I'll keep your advice in mind, next time I write anything...thanks again...

    ReplyDelete